“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls;
the most massive characters are seared with scars.”-Khalil Gibran
- Vyvianna Harte (a.k.a. Vyv): The protagonist. She’s seventeen when the story starts out. She is quite the sought-after girl and you’ll see why when you read the book 1. “Vivianna” is a Latin-derived name that means “life.” I decided to spice things up and replace the first “i” in her name with a “y.”
- Enide Harte: Vyvianna’s over-protective (and with good reason) mother. She’s also quite the seamstress, patching up her daughter’s dress anytime there’s a little tear (which is actually very often).
- Silo Harte: Vyvianna’s father who never came back during the war with the Rubains.
- Leonelle Ethra (a.k.a. Leo): A stranger at first, who becomes a good friend of Vyvianna’s. He can also be a bit of a nuisance, but in a charming way… There’s more to him than meets the eye.
- Elebore: A silver-horned, elder dragon who cannot interfere with the fate of humans. However, that doesn’t stop Vyvianna from trying to convince him to get rid of her “curse” (which is… I’m not telling! :P)
- The Sorcerer of Eternicca: A downright elusive welder of magick who may or may not know how to get rid of Vyv’s curse.
- King Zollamedes: The ruthless King of Eternicca who has followed in the footsteps of preceding Eterniccan kings and banned the use of magick (unless it serves his own purposes). No, Eterniccans can’t just practice magick in secret. King Zollamedes knows all. Somehow. He has taken a particular interest in Vyvianna. I wonder why?
- Stephan & Chandor: One word: trouble. At least Stephan still has an ounce of humanity left in his heart…
- Castello: The greedy, borderline(?)-insane master of Stephan and Chandor. Let’s just say you wouldn’t want him to be your boss—even if you were a villain, too. He also has an eccentric vocabulary… ‘Handerstash’ anyone? Or how about some ‘scormles’?
There are more characters—some you’ll love instantly, others you may grow to love, and there are a few you’ll probably despise… But I don’t want to give too much away. 🙂